Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Music Weekend in Miami

Recently, I drove down from Orlando and spent a few days in South Florida where I was able to experience some behind the scenes things that go on in the music industry.  When I got to Miami on Wednesday night, I went straight to Circle House Studios where my friends Day 26 were in the middle of a recording session.  It was really cool to get a first hand look at them going through the process of recording a new album.

They were working on their current single, "Made Love Lately", which is also available on iTunes.  I also got to catch up with their manager, Screwface, and talk about different things going on with music these days.  The late night session ended in the early morning hours around 6:30am.  The next night I attended a VIP event at the Blue Martini in Boca Raton featuring recording artist, Mann. Mann was doing a club appearance with a short performance.

Friday it was back to Miami where I met with a producer who has done some work with the group Voicemail.  I am currently the social media manager for Voicemail, so it was a good opportunity to touch base and discuss some future possibilities for the group.  Later in the afternoon I attended the video shoot for Trina's song "Red Bottoms".  The video was shot by experienced director, Gil Green, and the official video can be seen here.


This was a really great experience because I got to see all of the things that go into a full days video shoot.  The trip exposed me to new things in the music industry and made me even more excited to pursue my interest to work in the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment