Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fan Fest


Full Sail University Fan Fest was a really great opportunity for me to get involved in sports related events outside of school. "Fan Fest" is when Full Sail sets up a tent outside of sporting events to spread the word of Full Sail to fans walking by. I participated in a Major League Baseball Spring Training Fan Fest on March 27, 2011 at Disney's World Wide of Sports. I also participated at a number of Fan Fest events prior to Orlando Magic games.

My duty at Fan Fest was to engage with fans and inform them about Full Sail. There was a "Spin to Win" opportunity for fans where each fan entered their information and spun a digital wheel. Each contestant was a winner and won a prize from Full Sail t-shirts to basketballs and baseball bats. After five Fan Fest events, we had collected more than 600 entries and gave away more than 1,000 Full Sail branded items and collateral pieces.


Fan Fest taught me a lot about networking and marketing. It was a great way to get out and talk to potential students about what Full Sail has to offer. I also used this as an opportunity to network with professionals who work at Amway Center and Disney's World Wide of Sports. The experience was beneficial because I was able to work with Admissions Representatives from Full Sail and make more of a connection with the faculty at Full Sail. These types of relationships can always help when job searching as you never know who could be the missing link to a greater connection. Fan Fest got me heavily involved and engaged in the community as I worked with others to provide a positive experience for the fans.





No comments:

Post a Comment