Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Month 2 - Project and Team Management

Our second class was Project and Team Management with Annie Roun. Project and Team Management taught me a lot about working in teams and some important steps to take when working on a large project. The Leadership Portfolio Assignment asked us to work in teams to organize an event. We worked as a group of three (3) to organize a celebrity golf tournament featuring Tiger Woods. I was the Project Manager for our Leadership Portfolio Assignment, therefore it was my responsibility to make sure everyone in the group was doing their part. It was also my duty to make sure that everything was on track with the project and in line for our due date.

I learned a great deal from this project and realized how important communication is when working in teams.  Our team was in constant contact with one another, updating each other on each of our parts of the project.  Since we kept each other informed, it helped in the end when bringing the final project together.  I also found out how difficult it can be to coordinate meetings, as each team members schedule is different.  As a result, I learned to meet and communicate with my group in ways other than just meeting in person, such as by using resources like Skype and iChat.


No comments:

Post a Comment