Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Month 4 - Entertainment Business Finance


My Month 4 class was Entertainment Business Finance with Ron Cook. I was definitely a little nervous going into this class because I did not have any previous classes or experience in accounting, finance or economics during my undergraduate studies. The Leadership Portfolio Assignment for this month asked us to go out and interview a professional in the industry about various things pertaining to finance.

I interviewed Amanda L. Thomas, a personal banker at Comerica Bank in Downtown Orlando. More specifically, this location is a Wealth and Institutional Management Branch of Comerica Banks, meaning that they deal with a number of businesses and high-end clients.

I learned a great deal about personal and business banking from this interview.  I always wondered why there was only one Comerica Bank location in Orlando and why it looked a little different than most banks I was used to seeing.  This is when Amanda explained to me the difference between retail bank locations and wealth management locations. This bank specializes in Wealth and Institutional Management, paying more attention to private lending and high net worth banking.  Amanda also clarified a number of basic questions I had about banking in regards to different accounts and ways to store ones money.

No comments:

Post a Comment