Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Month 3 - Business Storytelling and Brand Development


Month 3 was Business Storytelling and Brand Development with Ken DeGilio. This was one of my favorite classes for two reasons. A) I have a strong interest in marketing and branding, and B) the class shares the same acronym as my favorite singing group the Backtreet Boys - BSB.

The Leadership Portfolio Assignment for BSB was to make a video narrative talking about some of the things that took place in our lives and how we got to where we are today. In the video we were supposed to act as CEO of our company in order to demonstrate effective brand identity.

In my video I believe I do a good job talking about myself and how I ended up in Florida and at Full Sail. However, I needed to demonstrate more effective brand identity for my business plan, which was a concert venue at the time. From this assignment I learned that it is important to have a clear vision because it helps when trying to tell a story about your brand. Also, I learned how great of a tool iMovie can be when doing a project like this.  I plan to use iMovie a lot more in the future when making short videos similar to this one so that I can have professional videos to show people.  In the end I learned that if you know your brand well, you will have an easier time telling the story about it to others.



No comments:

Post a Comment