Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Month 9 - Digital Marketing

Digital Marketing was my Month 9 class with Kristen Lamm. This month we learned a great deal about social networking, blogging, search engine optimization and a number other things pertaining to the Internet.

The Leadership Portfolio for this class was to manage our online reputation. I outlined the professional profile I want to develop online through sites like LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. I also organized my feeds on Google Reader so that I get information pertaining to things I am interested in.  The different subjects that I organized in my feeds were:
  • Job Search
  • Industry News
  • Reputation
For each of these I set up a RSS feed on my Google Reader so that I am constantly getting updates on topics I search for. Some job titles that I monitor in my "Job Search" folder are public relations and marketing jobs in Orlando that come up on sites like Indeed.com.  I want to watch my reputation on the Internet, therefore I monitor when the name "Jenn Cocariu" comes up on sites like Twitter and SocialMention.  For my "Industry News" I track everything from sports news to television news on sites such as E! and Perez Hilton.  From this assignment I learned how beneficial tools like Google Reader are because they keep you up to date on things that you are interested in.  I learned how to keep things more organized and in turn stay more up to date with things going on in the industry.

I also wrote a professional article about myself.  In this article I discussed three values that are important to me - positivity, motivation and sociability.  All of these values are important to me right now as I enter the "real world".  It is important that I maintain a positive attitude and that I am sociable and network with people because these are the things that will keep me motivated on my path to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment